At a Glance
Reputation management is absolutely essential for healthcare providers. Your reputation can mean the difference between a patient choosing you or turning to a competitor. In this article we’ll explore:
- Data shows that now, more than ever, having a positive online reputation is vital for healthcare providers
- A strong online presence can be defined as:
- A neat and secure website
- Online patient engagement
- Positive patient experiences
- Reputation management is essential to growing your organization
What the Data Shows
In the information age, it is increasingly important for providers to to maintain a strong, positive online presence.
According to a survey conducted by doctor.com:
60% of respondents said they have chosen one provider over another based on a positive online reputation
63% of respondents said they would choose one provider over another because of a strong online presence
Only 53% of consumers would consider working with a provider with an average review of less than 4-stars
More and more patients are relying on the internet to make provider decisions. This trend continues to increase and it is vital that providers maintain both a strong online presence and a positive online reputation.
Maintaining a Strong Online Reputation
Far too often we see providers with:
- No website or poorly designed websites
- Insecure websites (no SSL certification)
- No social media engagement
- Low-scoring reviews or a low review count
These providers are at a severe disadvantage. They are failing to attract the 63% of patients who said they would choose a provider based on a strong online presence.
What is the Bare Minimum You Can Get Away With?
At the very least, providers who want to build and maintain a strong online presence should have:
- A neatly designed, and secure website. This should clearly communicates the provider’s unique value
- A social media presence. Your organization should be at least on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. These provide a platform where providers can engage with patients directly
- A defined and practiced reputation management strategy. This should increase the number and quality of online reviews
But Who Has the Time for Reputation Management?
Between managing third party payments and patient collections, upgrading your EHR, and an ever-increasing administrative burden, I get it. You’re overworked, maybe even burnt out, and the last thing you need is yet another demand on your time – which has already become sparse enough.
We are here to help.
At Epowet Digital Services, we believe that your time in the office should be spent doing what you do best. Serving your patients. We strive to relieve the pressure, and give you back some of your time by partnering with you to build and maintain a strong (and hassle-free) online presence.
If you’re interested in exploring whether we’d be a good fit for your organization, please contact us here or via the contact form at the bottom of the page
You can manage your online reputation in 6 steps:
- Provide an excellent patient experience
- Have a plan for reputation improvement
- You should know where your organization is being reviewed
- Regularly monitor your reputation
- Respond to negative reviews in a way that will have a net positive impact
- Ask satisfied patients for good reviews
One of the biggest mistakes providers make is not asking satisfied patients to leave reviews.
For too many providers, their online reputation represents a missed opportunity. If you’d like to learn more, we’ve created a free PDF download here that provides additional information and step-by-step instructions.
Of course you can always reach out to us directly here or via the contact form below.
In today’s information-driven culture, you cannot afford to neglect your online presence, or leave your online reputation to the whims of potentially disgruntled patients.
Contact us today for a free consultation and take control of your online presence and reputation!
[hubspot type=form portal=6927122 id=c546ae0f-8fac-42f8-8b78-dd3c6f621686]